- Retail / Wholesale
- Manufacturing / Production
- Consumer goods
|Job Title:||Transportation Supervisor|
001 Safeway Inc
Safeway Inc., a Fortune 100 Company, is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 1,300+ stores. The Safeway family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
Diversity is fundamental at Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. And a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Transportation Department for the Safeway Inc. Division, located in Clackamas, Oregon has an opening for a Transportation Supervisor. This is a 24/7 operation.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Supervise and dispatch drivers.
• Manage and control daily workload through good dispatching procedures.
• Determine equipment and staffing requirements for daily operational needs.
• Monitor employees' daily work assignments.
• Work with drivers to improve driving skills.
• Dispatch and road supervision.
• Commitment to providing a safe work environment.
• Keep abreast of Federal, State and Municipal laws and regulations, collective bargaining agreements and company work rules, regarding operations of trucking equipment.
• Ensure DOT Compliance.
• Implement cost saving measures through working closely with drivers, dispatchers and software.
• Teach and train driver's new systems as necessary.
• Must be able to work alternate work shifts including weekends and holidays.
• 2-year college degree or 5 years progressive trucking experience.
• • Strong knowledge of Department of Transportation laws and regulations.
• Knowledge of commercial trucking operations.
• Knowledge of XATA driver management and Prospero Trucks routing systems a plus.
• Knowledge of inhaul/backhaul procedures.
• Familiar with a union work environment.
• High degree of initiative and working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Exceptional leadership skills.
• Ability to work with little or no supervision.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
Respond to: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting www.CareersAtSafeway.com
The Safeway policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace - all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Transportation Manager Jobs
- View more Retail / Wholesale Jobs
- View more Manufacturing / Production Jobs
- View more Consumer goods Jobs
- View more Safeway Jobs